Are you a first timer to Broadway shows? We’ve got you covered, from all the shows that Broadway has to offer, here are the must-see musicals that’ll make you laugh and cry. Comic, dramatic, dazzling and breathtaking, these Broadway musicals will not disappoint your magical musical experience.
The Book of Mormon
Looking for a funny Broadway show to watch for your first time in NYC? The Book of Mormon would be your right choice.
The Book of Mormon musical, opened in 2011, has won nine Tony awards and continues to sell out nightly at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre. The opening in London had rave reviews in 2013 and received four British Olivier Awards in 2014. Four years into their debut on Broadway, the touring production has continued to be sold out. This Broadway show is about two young missionaries who are sent to Uganda to convert citizens to the Mormon religion. One missionary, Elder Price, is an enthusiastic go-getter with a strong dedication to his faith; his partner Elder Cunningham, is socially awkward but means well.
However his tendency to embroider the truth soon lands him in trouble. This Broadway musical is a great satire that is just with the right combination of offensiveness and entertainment.
1. Please don't take the show too seriously, and we’re sure you'll find it hilariously funny.
2. It's not kid-friendly. This Broadway show contains some explicit language, so you might hear the F-bomb zillion times.
3. Buy your tickets about two months ahead of time and score the seats in front row balcony for about the going rate (180 per person for couple hours of laughs). So, why not to get the ticket now? Get ticket to the eternal life of laughter!
Which Broadway show has been so popular lately? Our answer goes to Hamilton! Who can miss this most creative Broadway show ever?
Hamilton, currently the hottest Broadway show in town since its debut in 2015, tickets for the Broadway musical are sold out months in advance. This hit Broadway show, created by and starring Lin-Manuel Miranda, uses hip-hop and other contemporary musical styles to chronicle the life and death of America's founding fathers Alexander Hamilton. Overall, this Broadway show combines musicals, dance forms, race and politics so surprisingly and perfectly good. AND, who say you can't rap on Broadway musical?
1. You do NOT need to be a U.S. history enthusiast to enjoy this show.
2. We recommend this Broadway musical for adults because some moments would be considered inappropriate for children (unless you're one of those cool parents).
3. Watch this Broadway show before Tony Award since it is most likely to sweep it and make the tickets even harder to get. BELIEVE THE HYPE! Get your ticket to the first ever hip-hop Broadway show!
Aladdin the musical Broadway show is coming back to New York at New Amsterdam Theater! This Broadway show is definitely a great choice for people of all age ranges.
Aladdin is based on the 1992 Disney animated film, the music is by Alan Menken. The Broadway musical did an outstanding job on adapting the Disney Aladdin movie, it gives the Broadway show a brand new and amusingly entertaining experience. It will give you a feast both visually and audibly. You'll also be amazed by Gregg Barnes' stunning costumes with all the jewel-tones, feathers and sparkles. Moreover, there are three classic songs from the movie as well as four amazing new songs written by Menken and Beguelin.
1. Highly recommend this Broadway musical to anyone looking for an idea for a date or having a fun time with family.
2. This Broadway show is a good choice for first timers to Broadway show but are not sharp with their English skill.
3. Stay till the end of the show. Don't leave after the standing ovation! Reserve a seat for an in-genie-ous musical experience!
Are you ready to be dazzled by your first Broadway musical experience? Make a musical memory of your own at your first ever Broadway show and add your comments on your favorite magical musical experience below. Missing your favorite show from the list? Comment below to share your love.